TMCx Digital Health 2017
The TMC Innovation Institute’s TMCx accelerator program pairs the resources of the largest medical center in the world with the innovative horsepower of entrepreneurs working in the areas of digital health and medical devices. Throughout the 4-month TMCx program, digital health startups engage with Texas Medical Center physicians, hospital stakeholders, VCs, entrepreneurs, UI/UX experts, and others to refine their solution and business models.
With experts from 21 leading TMC hospitals and the TMC Innovation mentorship ecosystem, there is no better place to validate a solution and find product market fit for your early-stage health care startup. From product design to pilots, TMCx puts you in front of the right people and provides the best resources to help your startup navigate the complex web of health care. In addition to meeting many valuable key opinion leaders and experts, our previous digital health cohort had 36 hospital pilots or customer engagements by the end of the program.
What TMCx companies get:
As a member of the digital health 2017 cohort, you will go through the following:
- A highly-tailored curriculum – This isn’t your typical accelerator curriculum. Our guiding principle for curriculum is if you can Google it, . We developed lectures, workshops, and panels catered specifically to the needs of digital health companies, with input and participation from health care entrepreneurs, clinical stakeholders, design firms, venture capital, and law firms. Topics covered are separated into two tracks: digital health and venture formation. Under the digital health track you will learn piloting in hospitals, engaging hospital stakeholders, the procurement process, HIPAA, data security, and UI/UX specific to healthcare. Within the venture formation track, topics include business model and value proposition refinement for healthcare stakeholders, raising funding, financial modeling, intellectual property pertaining software, and cap table and equity management.
- TMCx mentorship ecosystem – TMCx has an expansive network of TMC clinical subject-matter experts, hospital administrators, industry partners, venture capitalists, designers, and entrepreneurs. Startups also have access and exposure to TMC corporate partners including Johnson & Johnson’s JLABS @ TMC and AT&T Foundry for Connected Health.
- An amazing workspace – Housed in TMC Innovation’s 100,000-square-foot campus, startups have a dedicated work space with storage, Wi-Fi, free printing and scanning, and access to conference rooms. Startups will also have access to prototyping facilities at TMCx, while JLABS is equipped with 3D printers and rapid prototyping tools.
What we're looking for :
Companies that meet the following requirements should apply for consideration:
- You have at least one full-time founder
- Working prototype
- Preference for pre-revenue companies with previous pilots or early-revenue companies (but not required)
- Telemedicine and remote monitoring
- Analytics and data
- Digital diagnostics and therapies
- EHR, clinical workflow, and care coordination
- Clinical decision support
- Population health
- Patient engagement and satisfaction
- Post-acute care
- Consumer health tools and tracking
TMCx will be conducting a national search for the best digital health solutions in development around the country. A Texas Medical Center affiliation or current Houston residency is not required for the duration of the program, but selected applicants will be required to attend mandatory weekly curriculum in person.
Dates to know
We select about 10 to 15 companies for each cohort. The application process will be on a rolling basis, so it is to your advantage to apply as early as possible.
October 23, 2016 - First round application deadline at 11:59 PM CST
November 15, 2016 - First round application decision notification to applicant
November 22, 2016 – Deadline for selected first-round applicants to commit to program
December 1, 2016 - Final round application deadline at 11:59 PM CST
December 16, 2016 – Final-round application decision notification to applicant
January 3, 2016 – Deadline for selected second-round applicants to commit to program
February 13, 2017 - Program start date
June 8, 2017 - Demo day
June 9, 2017 – Program end date
If you’re ready to apply, create an account on the right side of this page to start your TMCx Device 2016 application. You can always save a draft and come back to complete the application at any time during the application cycle. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to the TMC Innovation home page